Loaner Phone Program
Hello, and welcome to our phone loaner program. I hope this helps you out!
The rules! 🙂
- Abuse, apathy, and drama will kill this program. It’s also a new program as of 5 July 2014, so we are still working on the rules and operating procedures.
- The phone is free to use, just return it when you are done. It may or may not have credit left on it. It’s pay as you go, so you can buy some time if you need it. The phone is intended for keeping in touch with family and/or work in times of need, so please use it sparingly unless you buy a PIN for a plan to use. In short, if us or someone else left a balance on the phone, don’t use it unless needed, if you buy some time, feel free to use that. Whatever balance is left on the phone is free for use by the next person. When the credit is exhausted, it’s time to buy a PIN or just use Wifi.
- If you need to buy time, try this link for instant purchases. Or Call or Text 832-510-7909 or email email@example.com if you need help. Lastly, you can call 611 from the phone or visit https://www.pagepluscellular.com/ to buy a PIN. We prefer you use the first link or contact us so we make a dollar or two here and there to pay for the phones and time we put on to keep the numbers active. The PagePlus link also has all sorts of info on plans and such.
- **PLEASE DON’T USE CELLULAR DATA** unless you buy a PIN for your own use. Web browser, apps, etc. will RAPIDLY exhaust the balance. If you want data, purchase an appropriate plan or use WiFi. If you buy a PIN for data, then feel free to use data. Of course, some phones have WiFi. Please turn *cellular* data off if you are using such a phone. On Android, It’s usually under Settings, then wireless networks, then mobile data. On iPhone, it’s under network. You can use your various accounts on Apple/Android and erase the phone when you are done if you like. If you need to buy time, again, try this link for instant purchases. Or Call or Text 832-510-7909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.
- https://www.pagepluscellular.com/ has the info on the service. It’s a Verizon prepaid reseller we chose for best coverage.
- Turn the phone back in where you got it preferably or give it back to Rob. You may also give it to the next person who needs it and post on our Facebook page who has it or Call or Text 832-510-7909 or finally email email@example.com and let us know where our phone is. We will reload the basic $10/100 minute plan as needed to keep the phone number active and there’s a good chance some balance is on the phone from this.
- This is a small program by invitation only, it is not open to the public.
Need more help? Call or Text 832-510-7909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will answer any questions.
You can also post to our community page at https://www.facebook.com/Circlephonedotcom
I hope this helps some of you out there!